SHOES: Designer Emma Hope makes these glammed-up sensible shoes in the UK but you don’t have to go all the way there to get them. With high HOPES I hopped on the internet to find fashion-forward sensible shoes and I stumbled upon these little dazzlers. The Diadema Ballet slipper by Emma Hope are my new favs to wear while working morning radio show hours and between daily TV shoots. They look good and wear well so HOPEfully I can get them in every color.
GUYS: Famous pop-artist Robert Indiana does it again. Indiana is best known for his “LOVE” sculpture and paintings, which first debut in 1964. At age 80, Indiana first revealed his newest sculpture “HOPE” at the 2008 Democratic National Convention. “President Obama was [my] inspiration. I had hoped he would have a successful presidential career, but it doesn’t look that way,” said Indiana. Hope made its way to Chicago’s Hancock Center last month and will remain their through Christmas. “Hope has arrived in Chicago, which is kind of surprising, said Indian ‘because people are more interested in the subject of love than hope.” It has been forty-four years since Indiana debuted a word. The next big project for this famous artist will be the alphabet. “Twenty-six letters keeps one quite busy,” said Indiana.
FOOD: This is a recipe that will change your life! Well, maybe not your life but it will tantalize your taste buds. Chef Laco Seeber from Francesca Forno whipped up this tasty meal HOPING it would jump in my mouth! It did and the flavors were long lasting. I love this dish and I HOPE you do too.
Vitello Alla Saltimboca
- 10 oz Veal loin or Top round
- 4 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
- 8-10 leaves of sage
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic
- Dash of white wine
- 3 oz butter
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Chicken or Veal broth
- Cut the veal in 4 oz pieces, with a meat tenderizer flatten them out.
- Wrap them with prosciutto
- Dredge them in flour and cook them in a high heat sauté pan with a little oil for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside on a plate.
- Discard the remaining oil of the pan, add the garlic, sage and cook it until brown.
- Add the white wine, the broth and the butter and reduce by half.
- Add fresh diced tomatoes and pour over the cooked veal.
- Sauté some spinach and place right next to the meat.
- Use lemon wedges for garnish if desired.
Keeping your HOPES alive with SHOES, GUYS & FOOD again!